Get ready to create unforgettable memories & new friendships!
Its that time of the year again!!! This spring Duende Naturál will be heading back to the beautiful Caribbean coast of Costa Rica for our annual Womens Caribbean Revitalize Retreat. This is the time of year when plants grow and flowers bloom, where you can start fresh and create new beginnings. you will revel in the beauty of nature, mediate as the sun rises and have increased energy and vitality with our daily morning yoga.
This 8 day/7 night Costa Rica Caribbean Experience offers a little something for "the Ladies"! We will relax on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and enjoy delicious and exotic food. This trip allows you to connect with yourself, your body, nature and others. This is just a fraction of what this trip has to offer.
The cost per person is $1425.00 USD [*$1282.50 Early Bird]
*10% Early Bird Ends January 25, 2017
Final Payment due February 25, 2017.
We will arrange a monthly payment plan.
**This is a female adult-only trip**
**Black Land Matters REIC members get 15% off all our Costa Rica trips!
The Caribbean Revitalize Retreat will take place from Friday, March 25-April 1, 2017 (8 days, 7 nights). We will be meeting at and leaving the San Jose (the capital) international airport (SJO) by 2pm. We ask that you plan to be on a flight that will land in San Jose by 12 pm March 25. Our bus will depart at 2 pm. Your flight home should be no earlier than 2pm on Friday, April 1.
If you want to arrive and/or leave a day or two earlier, please let us know how we can help you experience more of this magnificent country. You are welcome to book earlier or later flights which we can help you find transportation at your cost. Day trips from San Jose include the nearby volcanoes of Poas and Irazu.
Blessed House is an Eco lodge set on a lush 2.5 acres property with a pool perfect for sunbathing, cooling off from a vigorous tour, or just sitting and enjoying the natural environment. A wonderful blend of natural landscaping surrounds the lodge with an outdoor kitchen and dinning area. The property is set on the side of a small mountain with a hiking trail which leads to the observation deck with a breath taking panoramic view of the jungle and the ocean!
In various activities, we use the best local specialty guides with years of expertise in introducing tourists to the natural beauty & culture of the Caribbean Coast. We work mostly with local guides as well as with tourism non-profit organizations such as ATEC, which make sure that the local indigenous communities benefit from tourism revenues while protecting the environment and the traditional way of life.
All Duende Naturál Tours are an experience to raise your awareness and to educate you about the lowland tropical rainforest, cultural heritage of the Afro-Caribbean & Indigenous communities as well as sustainable land implementations which are practiced in this region. Our guides will do their best to share their knowledge and interpret the great diversity of life forms in their natural setting. Transportation. We provide all transfers during the week. An air conditioned van or minibus, driven by a bilingual driver/guide.
Before departing, you will receive a comprehensive list of suggested things to bring on the Caribbean Experience in your Welcoming Trip Packet.
Great! How do I sign up?
To reserve your spot on the trip, register and make your secure deposit of $300.00 USD per person via Paypal HERE.
Once we reach the minimum needed and call the trip, the $300.00 deposit becomes non-refundable — we need to enforce this policy in order to cover loss from last-minute cancellations.
No refunds are provided on Duende Naturál Tours. If you cancel your attendance before January 25, 2017, no refund will be provided. Duende Naturál offers a one time transfer which is available up to 30 days before departure date of your original date. To qualify for a transfer, your original tour must be paid in full for your original booking. If you transfer to a trip of lesser value, the difference will remain as a credit with Duende Naturál towards future travel. This program is available on all trips unless otherwise stated during registration.
If you cancel your attendance after January 25, 2017, no refund will be provided.
*Please note that trip itineraries are subject to change due to weather and other conditions*
Please feel free to forward this info to any friends of yours that might be interested in joining us for this trip.
The cost of the trip includes
• Transportation and transfers to and from all locations in Costa Rica by a guide/driver.
• Full accompaniment by a Duende Naturál staff person.
• 7 nights of accommodations at the Blessed House Eco lodge outside of the town of Puerto Viejo.
• Meals included in trip: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 6 dinners
The cost does not include:
• Traveler insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Tips and gratuities
• Evening transportation. Taxi's are available.
• 9" x 6" Tour recap photo book (mailed 6 weeks after. You can choose to order at registration.)
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is a mix of beautiful beaches, delicious food and nice night life. It is definitely an international beach. The Afro-Caribbean and the reggae culture is strongly influential in the region. Music lovers will enjoy dancing salsa, reggae, and all rhythms. Puerto Viejo has a huge beach for surfing with many opened- air bars. Puerto Viejo beach comes from Playa Negra, Salsa Brava, and Cocles beach to Uvita seashore.
Our tours are organized by Duende Naturál, the company was founded by a group of friends from Brooklyn, NY, that has been captivated by the unique beauty and magic of Costa Rica. We make a concerted effort to patronize African Diaspora and indigenous business owners by forming personal relationships with local providers and community organizers on the Caribbean Coast [tour operators, restaurant owners, activity outfitters]. In this way we are able to offer unique natural and cultural experiences & support the local community!
If you cannot make it on these dates, but would like to plan a visit alone, with a small group of friends or a romantic getaway with a significant other - we can help you plan that trip as well with our local Costa Rican associates & guides.
For further information and questions, please contact us at:
Duende Naturál Tours
US: +1 (516) 500.1874
click to download flyer
We'll come as many, but will leave as one.
Scheduled Daily Agenda
~ Subject to change due to weather and local factors ~
*Each day will start with yoga/meditation/exercise and ends with a group discussion.
We will have a few activities in between*
Sat.Mar.25 (Day 1): Arrive at San Jose Airport
• Our bus leaves San Jose Airport Terminal at 2 pm to Puerto Viejo. a caribbean lunch will be provided.
• Dinner on the property will be prepared by our talented friend Rasta Chef Christian (estimated arrival, 7 pm). We’ll take some time to check in, have a question and answer period, and get acquainted with each other.
Sun.26 (Day 2): Organic Farm
• Here we’ll hike to a family's abundant food forest, milk their goats, taste the most scrumptious goat cheese and eat some strange and delicious fruits you most likely never heard of.
• (Afternoon) Black Beach
Well spend the afternoon relaxing in the Afro-Costarican town of Cahuita at Playa Negra, a black sand beach that's very popular with the local community.
Mon.27 (Day 3): Manzanillo National Park
• Hike Manzanillo National Park and ocean side cave. At the southeast corner of Costa Rica lies the unspoiled Gandoca-Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge, stretching to the border of Panama. Home to monkeys, sloths, a great variety of birds and much more. The area is rich with wildlife. It is also spectacularly scenic with cliffs, hidden beaches and caves along the water.
Tue.28 (Day 4): Duende Property: #BlackLandMatters
• (Morning) Hike Duende Property
Take a drive to our pristine10 acre property in Punta Uva where you’ll see the initial phase of our Eco-lodge and Intentional Community project.
• (Afternoon) Waterfall
To round out the afternoon we’ll take a short ride to a magaical secluded waterfall to cool down!
Wed.29 (Day 5):
Cahuita National Park & Jungle Spa
• We will spend the morning hiking the beautiful Cahuita National Park and swimming in its pristine waters.
• The afternoon will be spent at a magical Jungle Spa & Healing Garden where you’ll be treated to an herbal sauna, Jacuzzi and tour of Medicinal forest where you'll learn the properties of local medicinal plants with one of the areas most knowledgeable Afro-Costarican herbalist.
Thu.30 (Day 6): Organic Chocolate Farm
• Experience the roots of Afro-Caribbean chocolate farming. This exceptional black-owned organic artisanal chocolate farm is situated at the top of a hill with breathtaking views of the ocean. We'll learn the process of how farmers get from cocoa bean to chocolate bar and we'll finish the day with organic chocolate brownies and plenty of goodies you can purchase to bring bring back with you. We will also have music and a bonfire. This is an overnight trip.
Fri.31 (Day 7): Free Day
• Have your pick of what you'd like to do on this day, spend your day at the pool, do some shopping in town or experience a number of exciting local activities; zip line, river and ocean kayaking, snorkeling, horseback, ride an ATV and much more. (add. charge applies)
Sat.Apr.1 (Day 8): Return Home
• Time to say goodbye to each other and this magical place... for now!! Return to San Jose, Bus leaves at 6am.
If you aren’t taking this bus you must make your own arrangements back to San Jose.